Last Saturday, I drove down to Gray’s Harbor to experience a little culture. Hoquiam, Washington celebrates the wonderful world of Logging every year with Logger’s Playday. Here are some things I found that are a must:
1. Wear your Carhartt Jeans and Suspenders.
2. Make sure you know or are related to at least half of the people in the parade.
3. Bring a large Appetite.
4. Be prepared for some great people watching.
The schedule for the day included:
1. Pancake Breakfast
2. Parade with at least 100 various different kinds of Trucks. (Logging trucks, Semi-Trucks, Dump Trucks)
3. Salmon Dinner
4. Listening to stories of what it was like to work in the Logging Camps in the 50s.
5. The Logging Show, complete with shimmying up 90 ft tree poles, Hot Saw exhibit, Log rolling, etc, etc…